Watch the video for this training portion here:
Step 4: Test Your Message & Invite your Agents
To test your message, you will need to invite yourself to become an Agent and join your campaign.
This is the same process you’ll complete when you’re ready to invite all of your other volunteers/team members to become Agents and join your campaign. You can add everyone all at once if you wish, but keep in mind that only those who you assign the ‘Tester’ role to will be able to see anything until you have finished testing your message and make it Live.
- To invite yourself (and others) as Agents, click on the ‘Agents’ tab
- Click on the green ‘Invite Agents’ button
- You’ll be prompted with a popup that includes our default email invite
- Enter in your email subject line
- Edit the message if you wish
- Enter in all the email addresses of those you wish to invite (include yourself!)
- Click send
- Everyone you included will then receive an email invite which includes instructions on how to download the app, including links and the password you set to join the campaign
TIP: Be sure to view the email on your phone in order for the links to work
- Follow the instructions to download the app and join your campaign
- Once you have successfully joined your campaign on the app, you should see a blank screen that says, “Nothing right now, please check back later” (this is because your message is in Testing mode). You should also be able to see yourself added as an Agent in the portal if you refresh the screen.
- To Test your message, first make sure you have assigned yourself (or whoever is going to send the test messages) the ‘Tester’ role.
- To assign the tester role(s), go to the Agents tab on the side menu in the portal, click the blue text that says ‘Manage Agent’ on the right hand side of the Agent's name, and click ‘Set Tester Role’
- Once you have assigned yourself the Tester role, refresh your app (pull down from the top) and you should be able to see your message in testing mode
- Tap on the message
- Send your test message to your designated testers (which should include you!)
- If you’re happy with how your message looks, you’re ready to start sending for real!
- Invite the rest of your Agents if you haven’t already done so
- Make your message Live (select ‘Live’ from the dropdown in the portal when editing your message)
- Send send send!