Watch the video for this training portion here:
Step 3: Create Your Message
- To create your message, click on the Messages tab.
- Choose what kind of message you want to create
- SMS: Includes only text (can also include a link)
- MMS: Includes text plus a media attachment (picture, video, gif, etc.)
- Once you choose which type of message you would like to create, you’ll be prompted with a popup that explains ‘Testing Status’ which is the default. Please read this and note that:
- A data set is required, but the phone numbers will be replaced with the numbers you provided in the General Details screen to allow you to preview actual SMS/MMS messages without sending to the actual contacts yet.
- The Agent(s) sending the test messages must be assigned the 'testing' role in order to view the messages in testing mode in the app. To assign the tester role(s), go to the Agents tab on the side menu, click the blue text that says ‘Manage Agent’ and click ‘Set Tester Role’
- Click OK to acknowledge and you’ll be brought to the screen where you’ll create and edit your message
- Give your message a title
- Unless you want to add specific instructions for your Agents about how to send messages, you can leave the ‘Agent Training Tips and Notes’ field as the default. This is the text that your Agents will be prompted with in the app right before they tap to begin sending the message you’ve created.
- Select the data set you want to use
- Select the area code you would prefer for your proxy numbers. Your proxy number is the number your message is going to appear to be sent from. It is the number the recipient will see as sending them the message.
TIP: We always recommend securing proxy numbers with the same area code as the people you are texting. Naturally, people are much more likely to trust a message from a random number if that number shares their area code.
TIP: Sometimes there are not enough proxy numbers available with the area code you request. When this happens, the system will prompt you with a popup that says you have chosen a very popular area code and ask you to choose another area code to secure the remaining proxies you need. Simple select another area code and the remaining proxies will be secured.
- Write your message in the ‘Message to Send’ field
- Your message must be 160 characters or less (or it will be sent as 2 separate messages)
- Use Placeholders to auto-fill information (see additional doc for full descriptions)
- Write a few pre-scripted responses for your Agents
- These are responses that your Agents will be able to select from in the app to quickly respond to people (in addition to being able to type their own unique response)
TIP: You can typically expect three main types of responses: positive, negative, & DND/Wrong Numbers. We recommend creating a response for each of these as a minimum. Remember to separate each with a new line.
- Attach your media attachment (if creating an MMS message)
- Click Save